Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Review Week Freebie!

It's a busy week in Lower El! Yesterday we went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch in Half Moon Bay. It was a great trip! I must admit, it was nice having another adult to help me out with my little wiggle worms! It's a huge pumpkin patch with tons to do! We rode ponies; took a hay ride; went through a hay maze; petted baby pigs, goats, sheep and bunnies; jumped in a bouncy house, and picked out our very own pumpkins to take home! It was a VERY busy day!
Finding our way in the hay maze

They LOVED the hay ride!

After work I decided to be "good" and go to the gym despite my super duper tiredness from the field trip. This was apparently a dumb and dangerous decision! I'm a klutz and when you add that to being super tired from a field trip and a hard gym workout, you get injury! In this case I smashed my head into the cement during a run. I slipped on loose gravel which lead to me tripping over a curb and falling face first. OUCH!! I have a rather LARGE lump on my head and a huge headache. Thankfully no concussion! Oh, and in the process of trying not to land on my head, I ended up scraping up my leg and bruising my shoulder. Boy, can I tell you how excited I am to show those off at our school fundraiser Cocktail Party on Friday?! I'll be wearing a dress, so they can see the scrapes and bruises for the hardcore kindergarten teacher! Oops, I'm rambling...on to school stuff...

We only have 2 class days this week thanks to the field trip and parent-teacher conferences. I've declared it Halloween Review Week! Not that we are reviewing Halloween... more like we are using a Halloween theme for all of our regularly scheduled review work. It just makes things more fun.

Kindergarten Review:
  • Counting to 15 with objects
  • Initial concepts of addition (this was a jump ahead because they wanted to learn it 2 weeks ago and I'm not about to stop serious learning!)
  • Patterns
  • Graphing 
  • Reading Predictable Books
  • ABCs
One of the moms brought in our party decorations and candy this afternoon so she could help me set up ahead of time. She just so happened to bring baby bags of gummy bears! This gave me the great idea to do gummy bear graphing! Do you know what that means??? You guessed it! A FREEBIE! It's a black and white graphing activity with blank gummy bears. This means you can have the kids color the base gummy bears the same as the colors in their bags. I know there are several colors of gummies depending on the brand, so this has everyone covered, even clear :)
1st/2nd Grade Review
  • Numbers to 100
  • Place Value
  • Basic Addition/Subtraction
  • Graphing
  • Personal Narratives
  • Reading Comprehension Skills

1 comment:

  1. This post originally mentioned a missing teenager. She no longer missing and is safely home again.

    ReplyDelete

Super Comments Get Super Responses! I love chatting with my followers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...