Friday, March 8, 2013

Sucessful Saturday! **New Weekly Linky!!!**

Hello Friends!! I have been blogging for a little under a year (my blogiversary will be May 20th!) and I feel like I've got the hang of this whole blogging thing now. I post rather regularly and I feel like it honestly has helped my teaching in so many ways! I'm excited to make new resources for my students and I love seeing and reading about great things happening in other classes. I am the ONLY K-2 teacher at my school, so there is no such thing as "planning together." Blogging has really helped me feel like I'm collaborating with other teachers and sharing ideas with one another.

All of this has inspired me to create Successful Saturday! which will be a WEEKLY linky!

Here is how it will work:
Every week I will open it up for you to post your links to your blogs where you share something successful that really worked for you this week. Did you try something new that was a total hit?! Share it! Did you do an old favorite that always works well in your class every year? Share it! Did you make a super awesome craft you'd love to show off? Share it!!

This linky is for ALL GRADE LEVELS and BOTH General and Special Ed blogs!

Here are the Successful Saturday Rules:
  1. Share your success story on your blog! 
  2. Link up your blog (not your store) with the linky banner and a link back to this post so others can share their great ideas and link up too.
  3. Go read at least 2 other Successful Saturday blog posts and leave a comment. I don't know about you, but I LOVE finding other blogs to follow and get ideas!   
Here is my Sucessful Saturday post!
We had Dr. Seuss Week and it was a total hit in my classroom! My kids LOVED it! We read different books every day. Then today for reading time the kids read books, then summarized them to each other. I was really proud of my kindergarten boys. They can't read the books by themselves yet, but they did a great job looking through every single page of a familiar Dr. Seuss story, then telling me or a friend a summary of the story! Big skill for some of those really long books like The Lorax!

We also had a great time on the Seussville website!! This was especially handy for me today as I was clearing my ENTIRE classroom so new carpet can be put in at 9:00 am tomorrow. I'm sure someone could have done it for me, but I was terrified I'd never find the things I need Monday morning.

My biggest hit of the week was our handprint paintings. We made them for 3 different Seuss stories. Thing 1 and Thing 2 and One Fish, Two Fish were Pinterest finds. I made up Fox in Socks, but it's entirely possible I wasn't the first person to think of this. In the past I dipped the kids' hands in paint, but I've learned it usually works better to paint directly on to the kids hands, then stamp the paper. Word to the wise: the more ticklish kids flinch and giggle! It's pretty darn adorable though!

One of my little guys is moving out of state this week so we hung these up as the decorations for his Dr. Suess themed goodbye party.
 
I got the stickers from Micheal's craft store
Ready to share your success story this week? Link up now!!










1 comment:

Super Comments Get Super Responses! I love chatting with my followers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...